As everyone is surely aware, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has made its way to large portions of the United States, including New York. We know that this is a stressful time that is causing disruption to normal routines and habits of daily life across the State of New York.
The New York State Department of Health has announced that medical marijuana dispensaries are considered essential services, as we are providing medical care to our patients. For this reason, we will take every action possible to ensure that we are able to stay open and serve patients that order our products.
We want to assure you that Etain is still committed to providing high-quality care for all of our patients. To enable us to continue serving patients, we are enacting new dispensary protocols to go into effect immediately, as detailed below:
Procedure Updates (4/16):
- Governor Cuomo has issued a mandate that New Yorker’s wear face coverings while in public:
- Effective at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 17, 2020 any individual who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place and unable to maintain, or when not maintaining, social distance.
- Please wear a face covering when entering any Etain establishment. Face coverings can include: a bandana, a cloth mask, a surgical mask, an N95 mask if you possess one, or any other face covering that covers both your nose and mouth.
- We have expanded delivery to include addition days in Westchester and Manhattan. Additionally we have expanded delivery to include Queens, Brooklyn, and the entirety of Ulster County. Please call the office at (914) 437-7898 to place a delivery order.
New Dispensary Procedures (3/18):
- All first-time and follow-up appointments will be conducted via teleconference, using
either our secure video conferencing platform or phone calls. You can book these appointments *here*. We are discouraging walk-ins.
- All orders should be made in advance either via self-service utilizing our *online ordering platform*, or by calling into our office at (914) 437-7898. We are discouraging walk-ins.
- We encourage patients to wait for confirmation that their orders are ready for pick-up prior to coming to our dispensaries to ensure a minimal amount of time on-site.
- We encourage patients that live within one of our delivery territories (Manhattan, Westchester County, and most of Ulster County) to utilize our existing home delivery service.
- We encourage all patients to purchase a full 30-day supply of their medication, if able.
- We will be restricting access to our public restrooms to be for staff and emergency needs only.
- If you have a fever or are otherwise experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please utilize a caregiver to pick up your order. To learn more about caregivers, give us a call or visit the Department of Health website, *here*.
This is an unprecedented time for everyone, and we want to thank you for your support of our business. We are committed to ensuring that those of you who rely on our services will continue to be able to utilize them in a safe, health-conscious manner until we emerge from this event. Our team is committed to helping in any way we can, please don’t hesitate to reach out.